The Cake Bride? Queen of Cake??
Saturday, March 12, 2016 | 8:09 PM | 0 talk(s)
I just realized most of my posts start with an 'Oh gosh', so here you go- OH GOSH, it has been long, hasn't it. I've wanted to post since after camp but meh I got tied up with things so here ya go with my super delayed post. So yeah, last time I was going on with my camp costume and all, and it turned out to be a success! Except the part where it only lasted till the exact moment we were asked to change to normal clothes so that we could proceed to the games, but if it isn't for the bus ride, I wouldn't have to cut the cake up into two halves and ruin the whole thing... so dum dum dum here it is!

I actually prefer it without the cardigan, but I was afraid the spaghetti straps were considered inappropriate so meh

I wanted to post like step by step of how the cake is formed but I was too engrossed the whole night to even stop to hold my phone hah. So it all started as I was talking to Steph and we were googling for food ideas to dress up as, my initial idea was to dress up as a gingerbread man which would be REALLY CUTE but really troublesome to carry a big head wherever you go HAHA I even sketched out the plan and it looked a little unrealistic and it uses too much of boxes so I started getting bored of the idea already hah. And that's when I see Kakuteru here and I wondered if I was gonna be food, why don't I make use of skirts and make my whole body as the food ah.

This is Kakuteru btw
So yeah, I thought of being the queen of jelly or a three-tiered cake. Since I have a maxi floral dress so I guess I could pull off a wedding cake? :p Mama was helpful when we were looking for boxes at shopping malls and the shopkeepers told us to get them from the garbage truck in Giant LOL. Said we would be lucky if they haven't collected it by then but boy aren't we lucky the whole truck was filled with boxes of all sizes HAHA. We went to the garbage truck and people were staring at me as if I were some homeless lunatic frantically searching the garbage trucks for valuable goods (boxes, in this case). It's funny how my costumes were always made of garbage, like last year my Maleficient headpiece and staff were literally made of garbage bags and a broken broomstick that was disposed of where I saved it from being crashed into the eternal abyss of oblivion to being a glorious staff of Maleficient. Well, cost-free costumes are the best.

I took 4 hours to cut up the boxes and tape them and everything. It was really cool as I wear the box skirt up, as my upper half body was entirely pure dress without anything more than that, the box skirt made me feel like I'm a Disney Princess or something, you know how Cinderella wears the huge metal caged skirts while in training and yeah I felt like that. But after wearing it for a long time my hipbones started aching because the whole humongous cake bottom was only supported by my poor hips so I placed some padded socks on both my hips so yeah it felt much better.

But all because of the bus ride I had to cut the box up so I didn't have to carry the whole big cake up to the bus, gosh and it ended up I had to tape the whole thing right before dinner and it didn't work as planned goshhhh because the tape wasn't as strong as I thought it was. I taped so many times and it kept falling off I thought the costume wouldn't make it already. But I had dormmates cheering me on and telling me no I can't just give up on my cake because they were sure I was gonna win gahhhh. Meh, it was a hell of an evening and I had people helping me tape here and there trying to find the best place to tape to secure it (They kinda look like they're helping Ms cake to give birth, though).

There was a fatal flaw to my costume where I knew it all along, I COULDN'T SIT. (because of the back of the chair blocking my cake ass) I wanted to sit alone outside to have my dinner where there were backless benches but a few of them offered to accompany me throughout dinner so I didn't have to be alone outside hehehe. But Nick said no, and he searched all over the campsite for a stool (because I can only sit on stools) so I could join everyone for dinner :')

However, the skirt only lasted till the exact minute they announced that they're starting the night games, before that I could dance in my skirt and twirl it all around but AT THAT EXACT MOMENT I could literally feel it crack and falling apart so I was holding my skirt all the way back to my dorm room and yeah rest in peace (piece) cakey. 



And here, to make the wedding cake more realistic I'd need the wedding cake topper so yah wore it like a crown on my head haha.


So here's Steph, her idea was amazing though. TACO BELLe, get it? Taco Belle.


Here's your menu of the day :)

Everyone was telling me how much effort I've put in the costume and how I deserved to win because of that??? ...Dude I think I know myself and my costume better than you lol. If you were gonna judge costumes based on their efforts, I wouldn't have won because there were others who spent days and nights making their costumes it isn't fair that you say I won because of my efforts. Dude effort wise mine was nothing, my dress was super easy to make and it's the idea that matters here






OLD | NEW
template by Mira| background from BDK| header pic from HERE