14 January, 2015
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 | 2:58 AM | 0 talk(s)

Driving in the ranch was already such a stressful thing for me, and now I had to drive on the road, with my parents beside me to pass my parents' level oh gosh. AND IT IS TERRIBLE. If I don't already felt so useless at everything I do, driving leaves me even more stressed and feeling like a useless piece of junk after my parent's session. Well first off, it was my mum's brand new Honda City I'm handling, and it is not fun, not fun at all having your mum shouting at you every few seconds, with her face red you can even imagine smoke coming out fron her head, eyes bulging, brows furrowed like a knotted rope and giving her heart attacks (when the car wasn't even THAT near to the curb) and having impatient drivers honking at you and overtaking you. And the worse thing is, the training my driving campus provided was only 10 hours (minus 3 hours of bull crapping about components inside the car bonnet, that left me with 7 hours), I've had that little time to learn and I haven't been driving on the road for more than 3 months (to think that I've actually drove pretty smoothly 3 months before), and I've actually passed my test without touching the car for 2 months (a total miracle indeed, praise the Lord haha) even the teachers told me it's a guaranteed failure for me if I were to drive like that on exam day, and I got the same comment from my mum saying that she wouldn't pass me if she was the invigilator (as if I wasn't stressed enough?!?!) I just gotta suck it up, I was never a machine person, hated everything with four wheels and an engine, funny how I've decided to go for engineering for undergraduate course which consist of my enemies mechanical and electronics stuff (are you really sure QY?!) (And anyway congrats for FINALLY MAKING UP YOUR MIND) , and I've only got Sandy, my greatest moral support by my side to remind me that I don't ever want to depend on anyone for transport (or anything that's within my knowledge and ability, ugh) and plead and to trouble anyone for goodness' sake. Yes, I lack common sense and I need to think for quite a long time before reversing my car, and I turn my steering wheel way too much and sometimes way too less, I drive like a snail, my sense of direction is shit, my mind goes blank when cars are near me, I can't estimate the distance from my car to the curb, so if I thought driving in the ranch was difficult, I was so, so wrong. (Says the idiot who hasn't actually drove on the real road/ highway/car parks yet)
Anyway, there goes my dream to be a barista but look at the bright side, I actually got a job! I was employed by my own dad HAHA ( thanks to the cafes who reply me 10 days later telling me they have no vacancies, or worse, no replies, 'we will get back to you,' they said, 'we will call you in one or two days,' they said) and I guess I'm sort of a manager/ secretary until I start college and yes I do get paid hahaha. (I'm actually kinda excited to study after looking at the modules and subject hahaha am I even normal) But that means a lot of adult calls to make. My dad actually preferred me to go for accounting course a lot better but I guess I was just naive, adult world scares me lol. You know, all those business and financial stuff and anything that involves money ugh. You know, 'the real world' So I guess taking accounts as my elective subject would be a good choice for me to expose myself to all these scary things and in case indecisive lil QY decides to change her mind again. Hmm cheers to shaping an adult-to-be to an adult,
ciao loves xx






OLD | NEW
template by Mira| background from BDK| header pic from HERE